WordPress theme is the core heart of every website in the WordPress world. Without the WordPress theme, you will not be able to create the website.
What is WordPress Theme & Why it so important to have it?
In WordPress, the theme is a collection of templates & stylesheets used to define the appearance of the website. It helps to showcase your content with the eye-catching look as you define.
You can manage the themes in Appearance ->> Themes. Theme installation directory resides under wp-content folder.
You can download WordPress free themes from here. Each one comes with different styles, settings, layout, appearance, and more than it. You can customize the theme setting using the Customize tool.
How to install WordPress themes?
1. Go to WordPress Dashboard
2. Hover on the ‘Appearance’ menu and click on ‘Themes’ option
1. On Themes page, click on ‘Add New’.
2. If you already have already theme file, you can upload the theme file and click on ‘Install Now’.
3. You can also search & install the theme if you are connected to the Internet.
Here is a quick guide video for installing the themes.
If you are asked to enter the FTP credentials & you have no idea how it works then you can opt to install directly without providing the FTP details. How to fix “Connection Information” requirements on WordPress, check it now.