Looking for a guide to connect your Google analytics dashboard data to WordPress? Then you’re at the right place.
Before heading to the installation part, let’s understand what is Google Analytics.
Google Analytics is a free Web analytics service offered by Google to analyze your website traffic. It shows you the overview of the audience, real-time traffic data, traffic source, active users, the behavior of your website, and many more. This tool is best for search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing purposes.
Now begin with the installation.
Step 1: Creating the Google Analytics account
- Go to your address bar, and hit the this URL www.google.com/analytics
- Click on Sign in to Analytics
- Now, it will view the Signup option for the Analytics account. Click on the Sign Up link
- On the New Account creation page, you will see the Setting up your account and Data sharing settings tabs. Just fill the details as per given in the screen and click on Get Tracking ID button.
- Accepts the Google Analytics Terms of Service Agreement.
- Hurray! Now you have successfully signed up the analytics account. Now it’s time to install the plugin in the WordPress dashboard.
Step 2: Installing the Google Analytics Plugin in WordPress Dashboard
- Go to WordPress Dashboard -> Plugins -> Add New option. Now you will see the add new window.
- In the search bar, type google analytics dashboard. Please refer the below screenshot to verify the correct plugin. Install the searched Google Analytics Dashboard for WP by ExactMetric plugin and activate it.
Step 3: Connect the plugin to Analytics account
- After a successful plugin installation, you will get to see the Google Analytics option in WordPress Dashboard panel. Go to Google Analytics -> General Settings
- In Google Analytics settings, Authorize the plugin by allowing the access permission from your Google account.
- Click on Get Access Code. Get the access code from google and click on Save access code.
- After this, you will be able to see the General settings, Automatic updates options. Just click on the Save Changes button.
- Congratulations!! You have successfully connected your Analytics tool to your WordPress site.
Step 4 : Now it’s time to see the statistics.
- In the WordPress dashboard, go to Dashboard -> Home. Go down and check your site statistics in Google Analytics Dashboard.
- For moreover, if you want to see the more detailed statistics then visit the google analytics dashboard. Here, you will get a detailed view.